- Trick or treating in the mall at 4 PM does not have the same mystique as going door to door in the foggy darkness. It actually borders on costumed extortion.
- On a dollar per hour basis, trick or treating generates about $1.70/hour in revenue
- You can add the word "zombie" to anything and it becomes a costume: zombie accountant, zombie physiotherapist, zombie teacher's assistant.
- Kids do not prefer edemame to Oh Henry's.
- Despite there being no evidence to support it, I carrying on scaring my kids about weirdos putting razor blades in the candy the same way my parents did.
- On the eve of Movember, my upper lip Day 1 bristles are not sufficient to be considered a costume all on their own.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Two Halloween's ago, I posted some newly found wisdom gained while handing out candy. This year proved to be no less educational.