If the network really wanted to break new ground, here's a few directions the producers could have gone in:
- The Bachelorette reveals she is actually a man.
- Al Gore previews his new "documentary" claiming he was the rightful winner of Season 3.
- Rejected suitors must compete on "Ultimate Fighter" to win their freedom.
- Michael Vick has a 'walk-on" urging viewers to spay and neuter their animals.
- Ed cannot marry until he spends four days being grilled by the Senate Judicial Review Committee.
- After being turned down, Kiptyn is 'sedated' by Michael Jackson's doctor.
- The Bachelorette wins a cross-country "Thelma and Louise" style stagette celebration hosted by Sarah Palin.
- Lance Armstrong announces his desire to compete in next season's "Bachelorette".
- The Bachelorette reveals she is actually a man, and the groom is more excited.