- it couldn't take much money to get going
- I didn't need to work any harder than I already do; and
- the million dollars would be earned within the first 6 months.
Here are some of the more sensible ideas (and by sensible, I mean an idea that could at least be written down in some coherent manner):
- Theme Park: Okay, somebody was not listening to the criteria. Plus we live in Canada where the period it would be open is only a few months. Hmm, maybe I wouldn't have to work at all part of the year...
- Rock Band: Satisfies the criteria, and lacking any musical talent has not been a road block to success for many artists (You know who you are Bon Jovi) . But starting out on the road over 40 would be the definition of career failure.
- Start eBay: Great idea. 5 years too late.
- Build a car that runs on water: I like the 'green' angle but that sounds like too much work. Next!
- Develop a video game: This is on the right track, but I'm afraid my idea of good game would be one where the character goes to the library and reads quietly to him or herself. Not enough blood and gore for the larger marketplace.
- Print your own money: I should have indicated that the idea also had to be legal in the criteria. My mistake.
- Become a movie star: See "Rock Band" above.
Needless to say, I am still reporting for duty at my current employer. Anyone want to use one if these ideas, go right ahead.