I was pretty good at keeping things clean when I was on my own that last couple of years, but the two of us together just compound the other's cleaning fault of only attending to the things in plain view. For example:
- The inside of the microwave is only messy when you happen to have it open to melt cheese on nacho chips. Once the door is closed again, the microwave is clean again.
- Leaving the lid of the toilet seat down eliminates the need to scrub the bowl until the next time you happen to use it. The corollary is that standing up affords a better view of the need to clean, so I happen to do it more than when I was required to sit down to go Number 1.
- Popcorn which falls on the floor and bounces under the couch no longer exists.
- Everything in the closet is hanging neatly with nothing lying in a pile on the floor. Don't open the door to check, just take my word for it.
- The dishwasher is a handy storage unit that requires operation only once a week, or when there are no longer any cereal bowls.
People who are blind must have absolutely immaculate homes.